Vacancies – Healthcare Assistants
Salary: starting at £8.25 per hour (+ night/weekend enhancements)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (rotating pattern of day and night shifts)
Options for Care are currently looking to recruit additional Healthcare Assistants to work at either Montague Court or Dartmouth House.
- Montague Court is an 18-bed male long-term complex care mental health inpatient unit based in Edgbaston, Birmingham B16
- Dartmouth House is a 16-bed male long-term complex care mental health inpatient unit based in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham B20
Job Description Overview
- Assisting and assessing individuals with activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, medication, bed making, budget management and preparing meals and drinks.
- Promoting the physical health and wellbeing of service users, through support and education.
- Maintain a safe environment, free from unnecessary hazards.
- Enable individuals to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life.
- Understand the rights of the individual to have their wishes respected.
- Understand equal opportunities and supports the equality and diversity of the
Individual Essential Criteria
- You must have some experience of working within a care setting.
- You must have the right to work within the UK.
- You must be able to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand and be understood – verbal and written.
- You need to be 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life of vulnerable adults.
- You must have a kind and caring nature.
- You must have completed NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
- An enhanced DBS check will be required.
- Experience of working within mental health services
- Direct experience of mental health services
- Completion of a NVQ Level 3 or higher in Health and Social Care-related subjects
- Willingness to develop oneself and take on extended roles and responsibilities (with associated rewards)
If you know someone who may be interested, please ask them to forward their CV to email@example.com or contact Perminder or Fizah, for an application form.